Friday, February 3, 2012

Free Loom Knitting Template for Newborn Baby Mittens





Loom used: 12 peg loom (Knifty Knitter is what I used)

Yarn used: I use two strands of yarn so the mitten has less space in between each chain (no holes which makes them warmer!). I will usually use a normal cheaper yarn mixed with the nicer and softer specialty yarns. I have also used a third strand that is super thin but adds additional color, variety, and texture.

Step 1: Knit 7 rows (I use the basic e-wrap - if you need help with the basics please check out Provo Craft's website - search Provo Craft Knifty Knitter and you will find it)
Step 2: Turn Cuff (It's like making a brim on a hat)
Step 3: Knit 11 rows
Step 4: take off with gather method
Step 5: I do not recommend weaving a ribbon to tie around the mittens. I'm a nurse and this sets off all sorts of alarm bells in my head. It would be so easy for mom or dad to tie this too tight and they wouldn't be able to tell because the blue oxygen-deprived foot wouldn't be showing! So I just sewed on a cute bow for cuteness factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment